10/28/2015

Lipstick of the Day--Day 2

Today, I have chosen the YSL Rouge Pur Couture #51 for my lipstick of the day. I first saw a similar colour in a Korean Drama, and thought it look rather nice on the actress. I then went on a hunt for it. However, the closest colour I could find was this YSL Rouge Pur Couture #51. ( well, the truth was, apparently, the lipstick that actress wore was the #52, but it was out of stock everywhere I went). I was quite happy with this one and thought I would come a lot of use of it. But yet, knowing me, it was sitting on my vanity for ages with very little wear.  When the friend came over the other day, we swatch the colour and it reminded me how lovely the colour is. So I made it as one of my 7 lipsticks of the first week challenge.



I have forgotten how creamy it was and was only reminded today when I tried to apply it from the tube. I would say this one might be better with the brush. It is almost too creamy! In a way, the benefit of it, is that it won't dry out your lips. But it is so creamy that it is very hard to apply it evenly. And I would say you can only wear this one when you are having a perfect lips day. This formula can easily make the dry patch stands out even more. It is a coral lipstick with a slightly pink undertone. I think this colour suits for a paler skin and with a bit of makeup on. You certainly need some blush on the cheek, otherwise, it might watch off the colour on the face. Overall, it is still a nice formula, but I have had a better choice with similar colour, which is easier to apply and maybe a bit cheaper,too. ;)


「But many who are first will be last, and the last first」---Mark 10:31

Ax


No comments: