10/29/2015

Lipstick of the Day -- Day 3

Here comes my recent favour red lipstick finally-- Nars lipstick "Lana" in their Audacious Collection. I first saw this lipstick on Jenny's (From Head to Toe) channel. I then went to SpaceNK to try it on the same day, I was really pleased with the colour pay-off, so decided to take it home with me. And ever since then, it has became my go-to red lipstick.  This week, I had kept this lipstick particularly for today,as it was my very first day-off since the term started. Viki and I had this whole day shopping plan on our diary for a while, and finally it came, I was all very excited about it, so I decided to go with a red lips makeup for today.


It is more like a satin finish lipstick, not too shinny and definitely not matt. It is very moisturise and I feel very comfortable wearing it. The lasting power is not bad at all. I normally wipe my mouth after eating or drinking, and it didn't leave any stain on my lips, which I am pretty fine with. It is super easy to apply,very smooth,opaque and colour applied evenly. You don't need to apply more than one layer, one swipe is enough. As you all know, I am not a big fan of the lips pencil, although I do agree the need of it, I just don't always have the time sitting there and framing my lips. I only applied this lipstick straight on the lips without using any lips pencils or any brushes.  It does require some sort of attention while applying, but I think all the red lipsticks do.  Again, Lana is more like an orange undertone red lipstick, like most of my red ones. It is very flattering with the Asian skin.  It can certainly brighten up the skin tone and you wouldn't need a lot of makeup. However, today, I did wear some eyeliner to frame my eyes and to make myself look more complete. I do agree, a bit of mascara and cat eyeliner would really go along with this lipstick. What's your favour red lipstick? :)

「Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled」
--- Matthew 5:6

Ax

No comments: